UPDATED AND EFFECTIVE AS OF MARCH 9, 2020
This Policy contains details about how Searchlight Solutions collects and uses information from you when you use the Site.
This Policy covers only the Site. Other Searchlight Solutions sites and other online locations may have their own privacy policies, and you should consult those accordingly.
Your continued use of the Site after any changes are made to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of the changes. If any of the changes are unacceptable to you, you should cease using the Site.
If any changes to this Policy affect how Searchlight Solutions treats or handles information already provided by you to Searchlight Solutions, Searchlight Solutions will notify you by email (if Searchlight Solutions has a valid email address to use) and give you thirty (30) days to opt-in to the changes as they pertain to your information. If you do not opt-in, your information will continue to be used in a manner that is consistent with the version of this Policy under which it was collected, or the information will be deleted.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
Searchlight Solutions may collect and store any information you submit or upload through the Site, whether through your account registration, purchasing a product, uploading of user content, posting of comments, or otherwise. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, contact information, personal preferences, payment information, or any other information submitted by you or any user through the Site. Searchlight Solutions may also collect and store passive information about your use of the Site as discussed herein. Searchlight Solutions may use the collected information or data described herein, individually or in the aggregate, for any lawful purpose.
Searchlight Solutions may use your submitted information to contact you, via regular mail, email, text message, telephone, or otherwise, regarding your account, the Site, your purchased products, or other relevant or promotional information or offers as determined by Searchlight Solutions or its partners. By submitting your contact information to Searchlight Solutions or Searchlight Solutions' partners, you consent to receiving such communications.
Personally identifiable information ("PII") is generally defined as information that may be able to identify you such as, but not limited to, name, address, telephone number, email address, birthday, credit card number, photograph, age, etc.
There are areas on the Site where you may be asked to provide Searchlight Solutions with PII. PII such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit card number, and birthday may be collected from you when you visit and/or interact with the Site, such as when you:
- order products or services through the Site;
- complete and submit any form through the Site;
- register for Searchlight Solutions meetings or events;
- contact Searchlight Solutions with questions or comments;
- set up a Site account (e.g., create a user name, password, and an answer to a security question);
- participate in surveys, questionnaires, or contests; and/or
- sign up for Searchlight Solutions' newsletter.
Searchlight Solutions may use your PII to:
- provide or deliver to you goods and services through the Site;
- maintain proper business information and records;
- administer Site accounts;
- schedule/administer meetings and events;
- respond to questions or comments;
- process and catalog forms submitted through the Site and responses to surveys or questionnaires;
- enter you in contests and other promotions;
- communicate with you;
- send you Searchlight Solutions newsletters and other updates;
- improve the content and general administration of the Site;
- resolve disputes;
- troubleshoot Site technical issues;
- perform internal operations (e.g., fraud prevention);
- conduct data analysis and testing; and/or
- analyze Site usage and Site activity patterns and trends.
- store and track information about you;
- remind us of who you are when you access your Site account information and/or use Site services in order to deliver to you a more personalized service;
- measure your Site visiting patterns in the aggregate in order to build higher quality online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors, such as how long and how often users view certain pages;
- determine your clickstream to the Site;
- better personalize the Site content;
- collect IP addresses and log-in information for system administration;
- automatically share some information with Google Analytics and/or other analytics programs to analyze a broad range of information (the analytics are exclusively for our internal use to better manage the Site experience for our visitors and evaluate advertising strategies and tactics); and
- to assist us in delivering the highest quality of Site services that is possible.
- Bing - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/?next=/settings/
DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
If you are concerned about sending information to Searchlight Solutions over the Internet, please send the information by mail or call us to make other arrangements. Searchlight Solutions is not responsible for the security of information sent over the Internet.
Searchlight Solutions retains collected information for a reasonable amount of time in order to fulfill the stated purpose for why the information was collected. Searchlight Solutions will also retain collected information connected to business records for periods of time required by law. If Searchlight Solutions determines that collected information is no longer needed, it will delete such information. Our collection times will be consistent with applicable law.
The Site is intended for individuals 18 years of age and older located in the United States.
The Site is not directed at, marketed to, nor intended for, children under 13 years of age. Searchlight Solutions does not knowingly collect any information, including PII, from children under 13 years of age. If Searchlight Solutions learns that any information was provided through the Site by a person younger than 13 years of age, Searchlight Solutions will delete the information immediately.
Searchlight Solutions will not use a minor's PII to market or advertise certain products or services deemed harmful to children. Searchlight Solutions also will not disclose any minor's PII if it has actual knowledge that the minor's PII will be used for the purpose of marketing or advertising the harmful products or services.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with a number of rights in relation to your personal information. We will not discriminate against any consumer exercising any of these rights. If you are a resident of the State of California, you have the following rights:
- The Right to Know. You have a right to know what categories and specific pieces of personal information have been collected about you. You also have a right to know the categories of sources from which we have obtained this personal information. You have the right to know our business and/or commercial purposes for collecting, using, or disclosing your personal information. Finally, you have the right to know the categories of third parties with whom we share this information, and the categories of information we have so shared for a business purpose.
- The Right to Specific Information. You have a right to receive a copy of the specific personal information we have collected about you.
- The Right to Delete. You have a right to have your collected personal information deleted, subject to certain exceptions provided by California law.
Assertion of these rights requires a verified request from you. To make requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com or the address listed below:
Address for California Privacy RequestsSearchlight Solutions Attn: Your California Privacy Rights 5635 W Las Positas Blvd, Suite 409, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (925) 231-9824 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
YOUR NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada law (SB 220) permits customers in Nevada to opt-out of the sale of certain kinds of personal information. A sale under Nevada law is the transfer of this personal information to third parties for monetary consideration so these third parties can then re-sell or license the sold information. Searchlight Solutions does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law. If you are a Nevada resident and wish to opt-out of the sale of your personal information should we change our practices in the future, you must send a request by e-mail to email@example.com. Make sure to state that you are a Nevada resident.
The Site is meant for individuals within the United States. If you provide information to Searchlight Solutions from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
If you are outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with any local laws regarding use of the Site, and related data collection. You also agree and acknowledge that by providing any information, including PII, through the Site, that such information will be transmitted to, processed in, and stored in, Canada and the United States.
The Site may contain links to external sites, including those embedded in third party advertisements or sponsor information, that are not controlled by Searchlight Solutions. Searchlight Solutions is not responsible for the privacy practices and data collection policies for such third party sites. You should consult the privacy policies of those sites for details.
Searchlight Solutions may also allow interaction between the Site and other sites or mobile applications such as Facebook or other social media providers. This may include the "Like" button or other plugins available through the Site that allow you to share information with persons outside of the Site. Please consult the privacy policies of those third party providers before using them to make sure you are comfortable with the level of sharing.
If you choose to share your PII with any third parties, you are responsible for all actions they take with your PII.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact Searchlight Solutions at:
PHONE: +1(925) 223-8555
MAIL: 5635 W Las Positas Blvd, Suite 409, Pleasanton, CA 94588
It is the policy of Searchlight Solutions to strictly enforce this Policy. If you believe there has been some violation of this Policy, please contact Searchlight Solutions.